Wednesday, April 15, 2009

“Your training partners are key to your success, and friendships based on your runs together are strong.” -Bill Rodgers

I had a solid back and lats workout today. It felt good to stretch things out a bit. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but I feel great today. Per a suggestion from Men's Health magazine, I've started to do deadlifts as part of my back routine. They kick my butt, but I can definitely tell that they are making a difference in my strength and posture. I've been working the lats pretty hard too.....I've been struggling with toning up there, so hopefully I'll start to see results soon.

I was supposed to take today off from running or any cardio. But....CJ was there to motivate me to get my butt out of the cube and on the pavement. I ran a nice 5k in some beautiful weather and then went to Papa Murphy's and scored a Delite pizza for me and the Mrs. As always, thanks to my lovely bride for putting up with my running and workout schedule. I couldn't ask for a better support system at home and I'm thrilled that she's joining the running addiction with me. She's got a great workout schedule and I can't wait to see her run Steamboat this summer!

It seems that on a daily basis for the past month or so I've had someone comment on my weight loss. I've even had a few people tell me that they didn't even recognize me. I don't see that much of a difference, but I certainly appreciate the kind words. Runnin on empty.

1 comment:

  1. It was a nice day yesterday to get out of work and run. That's so great that you and your wifey are both doing Steamboat. It should be a good time!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete