Sunday, June 20, 2010

Easy Rider

Thanks to my bro, Hendo, yesterday I was able to get in my first ever road bike ride!! After a quick 4 hour 'nap' (thanks to a night out with friends), I woke up and drove to Hendo's house. We were on the road just before 0730. We hit a route through the deep...deep back country.....and it was a BLAST! We were planning to do around 20 miles, but we were both feeling pretty good so we made it to 27.27 miles. It was absolutely awesome....I loved it. I'll admit, there were a couple of hills that really kicked my butt, but I truly enjoyed the challenge. I think I could definitely get used to the biking thing on my non-running days.....or maybe even on my running days???

Later yesterday afternoon I found myself with a really strong desire to....SWEAT! Plus, the weather was amazing (read: HOT), so I had to get outside. I did a very nice and relaxing 'recovery' 5 mile run. It was awesome just to get outside and sweat some more.

Today is Father's Day, so I'm sitting back and replenishing all of the carbs that I lost yesterday!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I see where this is going. So,I'll see you out there doing triathlon then...

    ReplyDelete