Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chicago Marathon Training - Week 1

I ended week 1 with a nice 12.26 mile run yesterday. It was a beautiful morning and I finished just before it started to get hot. I tried a new route and only encountered one ill-tempered dog.....he got a face full of Gatorade too.

Week 1 called for a total of 36 miles.....a bit high for the first week, but I rolled with it. I'm using a training plan from Runner's World Smart Coach. I'm still working on getting my pace to where it should be, but my endurance feels pretty good. I have noticed some pain in my left leg....perhaps new IT Band issues....so I'll have to watch it. I've read about runners who get IT Band syndrome in one leg, let it heal, and then get it in the other leg right away......

Yesterday's run:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/38328055

Monday: 9 miles
Tuesday: 7 miles
Thursday: 8 miles
Saturday: 12.26 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment