Monday, March 1, 2010

Vegas Baby!

Not that any of my loyal readers have noticed, but my blogging has been reduced significantly over the past several weeks. I've got a few things going on right now (bottles, diapers, school, trying to sell our house, work, etc) and I just haven't had the time for running on ginnis! So sorry to disappoint you....



20 of my 30 miles this week were logged in the fitness center at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas! It was a pretty nice fitness center....I like the treadmills that have TVs on them! :) I managed to score a new 7 mile treadmill PR: 55:03. I'm also doing my treadmill runs at a 1% incline now, in order to be better prepared for the Illinois half on 1 MAY.



Vegas was full of bad eats and good treats (booze)....this week I'll be hitting the miles hard and I'll be disciplined with the eating.....oh, and no booze.



I also had a 10 mile treadmill PR at the gym the other day: 1:20:49 (1% incline, of course)!!! I know I've said this before, but it seems that when I eat a lot I rack up the PRs....but I also gain weight...Grrrrrr. Need to find the right balance.....



Yesterday I did something pretty crazy....for a good cause! I jumped into a freezing cold lake to raise money for Special Olympics!! It was a BLAST!

Here's a pre-plunge pic for you!





No comments:

Post a Comment