Sunday, November 1, 2009

Building an Ark

Today's run was quite interesting, yet still satisfactory! I started off not knowing exactly how far I would go and I couldn't quite figure out the weather. I ended up ditching my gloves and long sleeve shirt to go sleeveless. It was a cool November day, but it felt great to be outside. I had a nice pace going on my normal 12 mile route. In fact, it felt so good that I decided I was going to go for 12 again, trying to beat last weekend's time. But, at about mile 3.5 I came across a major obstacle....my road was closed due to flooding. Yep, one of the great things about living around the Mackinaw River valley is that when it rains the back country roads flood out. I jogged around for a little bit looking for a trail to lead me close to my path, but all I found was mud and water. So, I turned around and headed back to a different route.

I ended up doing around 10.5 (hard to tell without a Garmin!!...that's a hint for Santa if he's reading). The wind sure made it seem like a 12 mile run though... I'm glad I was able to work off some of that halloween candy!!!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment