Sunday, November 8, 2009

Angry dogs, big cows, corn dust...and Lilly...a solid 15 miles

For some reason the number 15 has been floating around in my head lately....I knew the day was coming when I would have to push my limits. Today was the day. I did 15 miles on a beautiful November afternoon. I ran from my house to basically the edge of Normal. I never EVER thought I would run from my house to a point where I could see Watterson Towers...

For some reason my legs felt super tight for the entire run and my stomach didn't feel right, so I knew that my time wasn't going to be great. It was pretty slow for me (2:16....around a 9 min/mile pace), but it's the longest I've ever ran....and it feels great to be done. Those grain elevators by Mitsubishi never looked so good.

I survived angry dogs (almost bitten...again), said hello to some big cows (I always give a mooo shout out when I pass cows on a run), ran through a cloud of corn dust (I'm very allergic to corn...fyi), and I made it through the town of Lilly (I'm pretty sure that's where Deliverance was shot).



EoW Report
Monday: 3 miles, 23:12, 7:44 pace, and BIG chest
Tuesday: 7 miles, 57:16, 8:11 pace, and BIG abs
Wednesday: 28 minutes on the stairmaster and BIG back/lats, and 1.6 mile fun run at work
Thursday: 5 miles (I was dead tired) and BIG abs
Friday: Arms, Shoulders, and 100 pushups (poker night!)
Saturday: REST
Sunday: 15 mile run

Total mileage: 31.6

*This coming week will be pretty strict on the eating...I'll be limiting carbs over the next couple of weeks to help prepare for MH!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment