Monday, June 1, 2009

“I loved the feeling of freedom in running, the fresh air, the feeling that the only person I'm competing with is me.” -William Rudolph

Finally, a 10 mile run that great. The weather was perfect - not too hot, not too windy...it was beautiful. Yesterday's run was one of those runs that makes you look forward to the next long run. I was able to stash some water at about the halfway point, but I only took a few gulps. I also tried a new energy gel that was super...it was Hammer Gel, raspberry flavor. I liked the flavor much better than the chocolate Gu. I'm not sure if it was the water, the gel, the weather, or maybe just the 2 days of rest I had prior to running, but everything just seemed to feel good.

I am going to be trying something new this week. I've found that my energy level throughout the day isn't as good as it should be. I'm thinking that I really need to boost my protein intake - especially since I've increased the lifting a bit. I scored some post-workout protein powder and a multi-vitamin mix. The protein powder is from AMP, it's called Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 and the vitamin powder is Mega Men Maximum Nutrition Formula. I had my first taste of the protein drink yesterday and it was quite tasty. Hopefully this will help with my energy level while also promoting muscle growth and repair.

On an exciting note, it looks like I'll be locking in my next half marathon soon - I'm running the USAF 1/2 Marathon on 19 September in Dayton, OH!!! The best part is that I'll be running it with my brother Cody who is stationed in California with the Air Force!!!! The AF is going to give him leave to participate in the race....I haven't seen him since November(?)....it's been way too long. I can't wait for this one! Link to the race site: http://www.usafmarathon.com/half.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment