Saturday, June 13, 2009

Vegas Baby! Vegas!!

I had a great 10 mile run in some beautiful June weather today. The sun was shining, yet there was a constant breeze. Aside from some minor foot pain, I felt pretty good throughout most of the run. I carried a small bottle of Gatorade with me, so I stayed fairly hydrated. Hopefully I'll be getting a new Camel Bak soon.

I had a solid week of running. Last week I tried to decrease my mileage and increase my speed. It was a really nice change up. This week I increased my mileage a bit and tried to keep the same speed as the week before. I logged just over 20 miles M-Th, just over 30 for the week. Not too shabby.

I'm catching a very early flight to Vegas tomorrow morning for a conference...I've already got the running plan mapped out. Luckily I'm going to Sin City with a few runners so I'm sure we will all be keeping each other accountable to logging some miles. I've got the Steamboat 15k coming up next weekend, so I'll have to make sure my trip to Vegas isn't too crazy.

I'm looking forward to the Steamboat race....but, I am a little nervous. I do some hill training (the first 4.5 miles of my 10 mile route are very hilly), but I'm not sure if I'm totally prepared for the hills of Steamboat. I guess I'll find out!

About 7 or so years ago I ran the Steamboat 4 mile race...my time was pathetic, but it was my very first race. It was a blast! I remember how I tried to keep up with my mother-in-law and her running friends, but they all smoked me. I never thought I would be running the looong route. 7 years ago they had a great post-race celebration, so hopefully I'll have that to look forward to again. Nothing beats a cold beer after a good run.

Lookout Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment