Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Need Some Motivation?

I love this story...this what I think about on mile 7 when my feet hurt, my legs ache, and I want to stop. Enjoy.

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=64011

...As the squad leader then zigzagged through a field, he felt someone tug at his shirt sleeve. Hours later, after the firefight, he’d discover that a bullet had whizzed right through it, narrowly missing his bicep. It tore a hole through his 10th Mountain Division patch and through a pack of cigarettes in his arm pocket, destroying all but one.

"So I pulled it out and had myself a cigarette," Camacho says, holding the patch over his arm. Then he lifts the patch to expose a scar. It’s not from that bullet in April, but from another one a month later, earning the 22-year-old his fourth Purple Heart for wounds in a war he just won’t quit...

No comments:

Post a Comment