Monday, August 24, 2009

Hello Again...

Okay, so it's been a while since my last post. My bad. I'll spare you the excuses and just move on to the blogging.

First off, I had a great 11.5 mile run yesterday with my bro-in-law in St. Louis. We came in at about an 8:37 pace. It was a tough run, but it was a beautiful morning. I was due for a good run because my mileage was pretty low during the week (16.65 miles).

Second, I found out that my younger brother isn't going to be able to run the USAF Half Marathon....turns out that the USAF can be about as dumb as the USARMY...typical military bs. Unfortunately, I'm already registered for the race so I'm not exactly sure what to do. My options are: stick with the USAF half (drive 4+ hours to Dayton, OH and spend more $$ on a hotel room) or cancel (be out of my 60 bones) and look for another race closer to home (I'm considering the Lewis and Clark half, which is in St Louis...my mom-in-law and bro-in-law are both running....but, that's another 55 bones to register). I also saw that there is an IVS half coming up in Peoria, but I know it's going to be very hilly. I'd like my second half to be similar to my first so I can check on progress accurately (or something like that)...
If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know!

Lastly, I'm hoping to reach the 100lb mark very soon....possibly this week. My goal is to be there by the end of August...we'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment