Monday, July 25, 2011

R & R!

I apologize for the delay in my posts once again. I hate to keep my loyal readers waiting, but I've been very busy with my new water sport training regime.


We took some unexpected R&R this past week to visit my in-laws at their second home....which is soon to be their primary home. We had a blast...lots of boating, swimming, eating, and drinking...and even some exercising! Yeah, there's no doubt I put on some lbs...but, I am a believer in allowing the body to reset every once in a while.

At least I didn't eat as bad as these guys:

I certainly did not help them tear up that hotel pizza. Really. I did not.


I managed to get a few decent runs in on some very hilly terrain. Kinda like this:


I capped my much-needed R&R off with a great day of fitness. I started off with a hot and humid 10 mile run in the morning and then finished the day with a nice 30 mile bike ride in the afternoon. Look out le tour!


On a more serious note, I want to dedicate the following video and song to someone that has motivated me more than just about anyone. I won't be seeing this dude for a while, but I'll be thinking about him every time I need to push myself through a hard run or workout...just like I did in Chicago on 10-10-10. Thanks for all that you do and stay safe. Watch your six...we'll see you in a few and a wake. Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment