Monday, January 10, 2011

Sick Ninja, Chopper!

Yesterday was a nice and cold 12.5 miles along the rolling hills of the Mackinaw valley. It was the longest and coldest run of 2011! Most of my bod stayed fairly warm, in fact....I might have overdressed a bit. My hands got a little chilly towards the end of the run. I will admit, it wasn't a speedy run by any means (8:37 ave pace)....that is until about mile 10 when I was attacked by a vicious ninja-eating K9 that came out of nowhere. I swear it was hungry for the blood of a Nike protected runner...I thought I was a goner....it darted across the country highway and immediately began to attack me...my ankles were almost done. Until...a passerby saw the attack as it was driving by and honked it's horn to scare away the beast. Luckily, that did the trick and the little monster went running back to it's hideout...waiting for its next victim I' m sure. Stinkin mutt.

If only Doug were there to protect me. But alas...sleeping on the job again.


Here's to the dog days of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment