Sunday, January 2, 2011

The End of an Era...or something like that....

After a splendid 11 mile run today I became extra motivated to follow my fellow bloggers and type an end of 2010 posting....but, then the Bears game came on, followed by a brief nap, and then some laundry...and here I am, finally. Just like today (minus the laundry and the Bears losing), 2010 was a year full of goodness.

As you might recall, the year started off with a photo shoot for Mens Health magazine!! What an amazing experience. Soon after my national publication appearance, I began to train for the Illinois half marathon....well, I trained myself right into physical therapy due to IT Band syndrome. It. Sucked. I was still able to run the race, but it certainly wasn't pretty. It was by far the most painful race I had ever done....until, 10-10-10 that is. The Chicago Marathon....I still don't think it has fully hit me yet...still hard to believe that I ran 26.2 miles. 26.2 freaking miles....each time I say it, I get chills, followed by a huge inside smile because I'm proud of how far I've come and how hard I've worked....but also because I know Chicago won't be my last 26.2. In fact, that brings me to my next subject....2011 running goals!

Race Goals:
1. Half Marathon PR (current PR is 1:51:31)
2. Half Marathon in under 1:50:00 (might be crossed off after number 1?)
3. 5K in under 20:00
4. Sign up for my next full marathon!!!! Jan or Feb of 2012...race is TBD...Disney??

Weekly Goals:
1. 1 speed session every week
2. 1 leg strength training session every week
3. 1 stretching session every week
4. Ab strength training 3 times per week (2011 will be the year of the 6 pack!!!)

Well, that's it folks....I've got a busy 2011 ahead of me. It will be full of new challenges, tough runs, brutal workouts, buckets of sweat, maybe some tears, and lots of fun. Here's to making it happen in 2011! YEAH

Do you know this guy? I sure don't.


First half marathon, 2009


Second half marathon, 2009 (PR!)


First FULL marathon, Chicago, 2010


Here's to a good 2011!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of your weight loss. You have been my inspiration! I owe much of my weight loss success to you. You have motivated and inspired me, kept me going, and supported me through it all. Looking forward to running the Illinois half with you (or behind you)! :-) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing inspiration! I'm hoping to do the Disney half-marathon next year, but first I'm shooting for 25lbs down and a 5k in May. Slow and steady:)

    ReplyDelete