Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Men's Health

I had my Men's Health Magazine photo shoot yesterday! It was an interesting experience. We met the photographer at around noon at his studio/apartment in Chicago. He was extremely nice and he really took his time with everything...I'll be very interested to see how the pics turn out.

We shot a few pics at his studio and then we went to a 'cool' Chicago gym (David Barton Gym) for some strength training pics. I did a lot of exercises ranging from bench press, to crunches, to pushups....I actually ended up getting a decent workout in! The gym was very interesting...it felt more like a club, but once we got to the fitness area it was pretty solid. Lots of great equipment and a really cool vibe. It did feel a little strange doing exercises with all kinds of lighting and camera equipment set up around me. The other gym-goers didn't seem to mind and the gym staff were extremely friendly. The pic that I've posted is from the gym lobby...in one of their 'cool comfortable' chairs... :)



After about 5 hours, we walked outside to get some pics of me running along the Chicago River. BTW, I was told to bring sleeveless shirts and running shorts....but, at the last second I decided to toss in my new Nike running jacket. Luckily the photographer seemed to like the jacket so I was able to keep it on for the river pics. But, it was still a very cold Chicago evening and I was freezing....a sacrifice I was willing to make for the good of Men's Health :)

I'll be in the April issue which will come out in March. The whole thing is still pretty crazy to me....I still feel like someone is playing a joke on me. Quite an experience...and quite a reward for working so hard over the past 18 months. But, I'm convinced that if I can do it...YOU can too!!

P.S. I went and scouted some gyms with my pops today....he and my mom are going to be joining one next week!!!!!! My dad has been a significant source of motivation to me on my fitness journey....I can't wait to see him start his.

No comments:

Post a Comment