Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just Do It


Finally....I scored some cold weather gear!! After months of endless online surfing, store browsing, and visions of running tights dancing in my head, I finally landed on some solid CWG. If you can't tell, I decided to go with the Nike gear. I'm completely Nike'd out from head to toe....err, head to ankle (shoes are NB and socks are DryMax).


I just did 10 miles in some pretty heavy snow and some chilling winds (around 26 degrees). For the most part, I was very comfortable. When I ran into the wind my hands got a little cold. But, my LiveStrong running gloves probably aren't made to be wind resistant ($20). The tights were perfect...my legs stayed dry and warm. I have to admit....I never thought I would be running outside in a pair of tights. It feels good to be so comfortable with my masculinity..... Anyway, the Nike thermal jacket and the thermal mock long sleeve shirt were outstanding. But, today's CWG surprise goes to the Nike ninja mask (thanks Mrs CJ)!! The hood and face mask are surprisingly warm!


I was also able to take a Garmin 405 for a test drive today. I LOVE IT. I need one......it was nice to look down and know how I was doing on pace, distance, and time (I think it does your taxes too?). I shall have one of my own....


It felt great to be outside again.....I feel refreshed, but most important...I feel warm!


P.S. Tomorrow I get to pick up my new running shoes! My New Balance 1063s are being replaced with the new model (1064) due to a minor defect. I keep hearing how the 1064 has really improved the minor flaws of the 1063. I can't wait to get some miles on them!

1 comment:

  1. Nice costume! Don't worry, your true identity is safe with me. Btw, you were great in that Ninja Assassin movie.

    ReplyDelete