Wednesday, October 19, 2011

HL 5K - 21:49

On 8 October 2011 I participated in the 'world's toughest 5K'! This is a local race that is easily the most challenging 5K I've ever ran due to the crazy hills. I've ran this race 4 times now. 2 as a chubby runner and 2 as a not so chubby runner. Oddly enough, the second time I ran it (chubby), I finished third in my AG at 28:04 (the 20-29 AG is never really that competitive). The first time I ran it as a decent runner, I finished in 11th place overall with a time of 22:56 (I think?). On 10/8/2011 I scored some hardware again, finishing 3rd in the 30-39 AG with a time of 21:49.

The hardware! (posing with my wife's uncle who also scored some hardware for his AG....2 hip replacements later and he's still rocking the 5K....AMAZING!)



Now, this is by no means a PR course. My times are always well off of my 5K best (20:09/10). But, it is still a lot of fun. It's a great challenge. But, what I'm most proud of this year is the fact that my 9 year old daughter ran the race too!!

It's a family thing y'all!



Time is running out to accomplish my remaining race goal for this year....5K in under 20:00. I'm considering a race this weekend, so we'll see! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment