Saturday, April 2, 2011

13.1 Training Run...1:47:x



GREAT run today....FINALLY some gorgeous weather. Dr. C and I pushed it hard today (read: he made me go faster). We had planned to just do 12, but at the 12 mile mark we were pretty pleased with our pace and we knew that stopping short of a half marathon made no sense at all. So, we made 13.1 happen. We finished in 1:47.x at about an 8:10 average pace. If I can repeat today's run in Champaign in a few weeks I will be a happy runner dude.

Everything felt outstanding today....minus some chaffage. Note to self, buy Body Glide....and possibly some new running shorts. Me thinks I've got too many miles on the 3 pairs of shorts that I rotate through now.

Check this out....the wife hit her first double digit run today!!! 10 miles!!! AND, she did it in under a 10 min/mile pace!!! OUT-friggin-STANDING! She has come a LONG way in a very short time period. Pretty impressive stuff!

The wife about to make it happen! (and someone else sporting his new runner's briefs)

No comments:

Post a Comment